Refrigerator, Freezer and Icemaker Repairs and Service
We service all Brisbane suburbs, Logan Council areas, Browns Plains, Mt Gravatt, Sunnybank, Beenleigh, Logan City, and Loganholme
Our team specialises in DOMESTIC AND COMMERCIAL REFRIGERATION REPAIR and installaton SERVICES for
- Walk in Cold Rooms
- Walk in Freezers
- Cold Storage Units
- Commercial Fridges & Freezers
- Domestic Fridges
Brisbane Appliance Services team will work with you to meet your refrigeration requirements, including individual customisation requirements and fitting.
Call Steve NOW 0438-689-713
FISHER & PAYKEL
Brisbane Appliance Services is pleased to help our clients care for their major home appliances (e.g. fridge, air Conditioner, washing machine).
To make your service call request as rewarding as possible, we suggest you review the following check list for possible solutions you can try first. Call for repair if these possible solutions do not resolve the problem you're experiencing.
My refrigerator/fridge is not working.
Check the circuit breaker at the main electrical box. Has it tripped? If the circuit breaker has tripped, reset the circuit breaker by shutting it off and then turning it on again. If the circuit breaker looks okay and there is still a problem with the machine, then, call us for service.
Unplug the fridge/refrigerator cord from the outlet. Wait 10 minutes, then replug in the cord to the outlet. Many of the modern electronic fridges/refrigerators reset themselves on a startup. If the fridge/refrigerator in still not working, call us for service.
Fridge or freezer won't cool
POSSIBLE SOLUTION 1:
- Be sure the fridge is plugged in and getting power. The light should come on when you open the door.
- Check the thermostat to make sure it hasn’t been turned way down by mistake.
- Be sure the vents on the back of the freezer compartment aren’t blocked by boxes of ice cream or frozen vegetables—the vents have to be clear for cold air to circulate.
- Vacuum the coils under or behind the fridge. Clogged coils can cause poor cooling.
- Check to make sure nothing is stuck in the condenser fan and that it spins freely (models with coils on the back won’t have a fan). To do this, unplug the fridge and pull it out. Clean the fan blades and spin the fan by hand to see if it’s stuck. Plug in the fridge and make sure the fan runs when the compressor is running. If the fan doesn’t run, call us for repair.
POSSIBLE SOLUTION 2:
Defrost your refrigerator if you see ice accumulating inside. Use the following procedure for defrosting.
- Disconnect your refrigerator's power supply.
- Melt away the ice inside. You can pour hot water on portions of heavy ice.
- Leave your fridge door open so the interior can dry. You can use a hair dryer to speed up the process.
- Reconnect your refrigerator's power supply to resume use.
Not many people realise this but by the time you have noticed your fridge or freezer is defrosting you have lost the food in it! So make the most of it and throw a party or have a slap-up meal, you may as well or the food is going to the bin!
Food, when frozen, has to be maintained at -18˚C or thereabouts but this has to be the average temperature. If the food starts to go soft this means that the temperature has risen above this. Now, without getting too technical, when food is stored it degrades slowly by bacteria breeding and eating it away, that's why food goes off. But it all degrades sooner or later and the purpose of refrigeration is to slow that degradation down so as to make it as slow as possible and, when frozen, this is critical for hygiene. Once the food temperature rises and it starts to degrade then this degradation cannot be undone and also why once defrosted it cannot be re-frozen, unless it was fresh and is cooked first then re-frozen as this kills the bacteria. This is also why food cannot be kept forever in a freezer and it will eventually go off.
Principles of domestic fridges, freezers, and small commercial refrigeration units
- Refrigerators and freezers consist of the following major components: motor, compressor, evaporator coil, condenser coil, and controlling valves.
- Liquid coolant is pumped into the compressor unit where it is discharged to the condenser unit as a high pressure gas. It then passes through the evaporation plates/coil inside the refrigerator, where it draws heat from the refrigerator as part of the process of converting back to a liquid coolant and being fed back to the compressor to be re-circulated.
- Modern refrigerators and freezers are frost-free. A heater automatically melts any accumulated frost from inside the unit.
- Compressor systems are driven by a capacitor-type motor. Other basic parts of a refrigeration system, switches/valves, thermostats, heaters, and fans.
- While some maintenance tasks can be undertaken by someone with basic mechanical skills, and complex work should be carried out by a professional refrigeration mechanic.
- Remember capacitor motors store electricity so even is if the power is off you can receive a serious electrical shock.
The fridge/refrigerator is a fairly simple appliance and many small problems can be tackled by anyone with basic handyman skills. However, the presence of (in most cases, toxic) coolant under pressure and the sensitivity of the system itself mean that certain situations cry out for a more experienced hand.
Call us for repair when:
- You hear a slight hissing noise and the refrigerator is not cooling as efficiently as it has been.
- You feel an oily residue on the floor of the freezer compartment.
- An accident results in the condenser coils being damaged.
- The appliance is leaking significant amounts of water and you can't locate the source of the leak.
- The outer shell of the refrigerator is sweating.
- Unit continues to cycle on and off even after you have cleaned the condenser coils.
Quick Contact Form
fridge repairs brisbane
refrigerator repairs brisbane